Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sometimes it's hard to know where to begin....

Only NINE more sleeps until RIDE DAY.
I am wondering what kind of weather we'll have :)....
whether or not I'll be able to pull of a humble fundraiser that has been on my heart....
and what kind of team will come together.
Our team captain is a beautiful advocate and an inspiration to me :).
Frequently we receive emails.... updates.... reminders of what we are doing.... and why.


Because I admit, it is easy for me to get overwhelmed.
One quick glance at the news, and I wonder where does one even begin....
One drive thru the city (even close by.....) and I wonder how does my one life fit in with theirs....
You've given me so much.... how can I share.... where can I love.... because it's all so much and I will go back into my comfortable little hiding if I don't know where to begin.

And this year, that's why I'm riding.



Not because I know the ins and outs of how I fit into this "Your Kingdom here on earth...." yet. Because I don't. 

I do know that God has saved me for a reason,
     and not for my own comfort,
          my own complacency,
but to give out of His plenty.
Not money.
Love.





By supporting those who are already giving Love, doing what they can to be the hands and feet of Jesus to people who come into their care, I am supporting what I long to do someday.
What I try to practice today.
Give love.... life.... and hope.
Out of His abundance.
And because He has first given Life and Love and Hope to me.


We can't fix it. That's okay. We're not asked to fix anything.
But we can Love.
I want to honor the work of the CPC and the ways in which they seek to live this out.
Nine more sleeps till Ride Day.

You can read more about the Ride For Refuge....
Ride #1
The RIDE
Ride #2
How can it be....



1 comment:

Roo said...

you are beautiful leah. inside and out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails