Saturday, May 26, 2012

34 Trips Around The Sun

This past week marked my birthday ... my almost 1/2-way point through my 30's :) ...

The one thing I "asked for" for my birthday - a QUIET DAY!! A Sunday with a nap, no obligations, and a family bike ride to play at the park.

It was perfect :).


In fact, the excitement for this day had been building for quite some time! Two or three weeks beforehand, and completely on her own initiative, M decided to make a countdown calendar for my birthday. Each day she faithfully crossed off another day... made me feel very very honored!


The evening before "the big day," Daddy & M got to work making me my birthday cake. I was delighted with Rainbow Bit cake, in a tube pan so it looked extra fancy, with cream cheese frosting. Seriously, the best cake ever :) (because it was made with a lotta love :P).



With each year that passes, I grow more grateful over for this very sweet life. The LORD continues to show His love over and over, through family, friends, the quiet and the busy busy busy, and all through the lessons learned along the way.

When I think of the life I could've lived, without His sweet grace, I cannot imagine how empty it would be. How boring!!!

Thank you Jesus, for another trip around the sun. You have been good to me.

"My lips will shout for joy - when I sing praise to you - I, whom you have redeemed."
Psalm 71:22

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails