Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Music for Mellow Moments

Recently my dishwasher went on the fritz.
Well, actually, it's been fritzing for a while, and I just kept hoping that with enough rinse cycles, vinegar washes and CLR, that perhaps we'd get it working properly again. A visit from the repairman revealed that the dishwasher was only using approx. 1/8!! of the water required to do a proper cycle - and now we wait for parts!!!!
So, I've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen, doing sinkfuls of dishes as the girls are winding down in bed (depending on the day, that can take a little while --- at least they're contained, and mostly .... mostly .... quiet!).
Usually, I use the time to catch up on an episode of Law & Order: SVU that I've missed..... very very occasionally I'll listen to a Charles Stanley message. Sometimes I just hum quietly or listen to music.

My sister, actually, sent me a link to this band that she'd been lovin'. Admittedly, it took a while for me to catch the thrill --- but now that I have, I love listening especially at this time of the day night :). It's perfect for those quiet-soul moments. These songs become prayers (all good music does, in my opinion), and minister to my heart.

Thought I'd share. Enjoy!



'Cause I am a sinner
If it's not one thing it's another
Caught up in words
Tangled in lies
But You are a Savior
And You take brokenness aside
And make it beautiful
Beautiful






In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus






I need a reason to sing
I need a reason to sing
I need to know that you're still holding
the whole world in your hands
I need a reason to sing




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails