Friday, August 27, 2010

At least I know she's listening :)

Sweet babe had spent an hour wailing away.
Missed her nap time by a country mile and now it was melt-down city!
In the midst of this, Little M and Sweet K have YET ANOTHER kurfuffle...
and suddenly my left eye starts twitching again...
and I can feel my temper rising (which had remained surprisingly calm all day long ;P)...
and BO-ING! Uh oh. Here comes mama bear and she is GROWLY!!

"GIRLS. STOP THAT RIGHT NOW. IT'S HARD ENOUGH LISTENING TO YOUR SISTER WAILING AWAY WITHOUT HAVING TO HEAR YOU TWO SQUABBLING AT THE SAME TIME. SO JUST Q.U.I.T. I.T. ALREADY!!!!"

Silence. Blink. Blink. Blink.
Okay then. I'll just go sit back down and keep rocking the still-wailing baby.

Once Babe had settled and calm reigned again, I knew I needed to apologize.

Me: "Sorry honey, for yelling. That was not kind, and I am sorry."

Little M: "Thank you. Yelling is just not appropriate."

Sometimes you wonder if they actually hear the things you say, but apparently she is listening!! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails