Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Love Tickets

One of the "games" Little M has been into these days is "Speeding Tickets."
Mainly -- she speeds, and someone -- mostly an adult who can print ;) -- writes up a "speeding ticket" for her.
Fun fun. I am always sure to note that the fine, which is $100, goes STRAIGHT to her mother ;).

I'm not sure where she got this idea. Thankfully, it wasn't because I got a speeding ticket to set the example. ;)

Yesterday morning, however, I was the recipient of ticket. It actually could've been a "speeding ticket" considering the swift way I was headed toward the shower!!
Hey, when you only have a 5-minute window opportunity, rest assured one can move very quickly!!

"WHOA MOM, WAIT!!"
Sigh. That quiet-window is rapidly closing. One more interruption to field before ...
"DID YOU NOTICE YOUR TICKET!?"
No. No I had not. Apparently I had missed the lucky piece of paper on the stairs.
"HERE'S YOUR TICKET MOM!"
"Is it for speeding?" I ask with a grin.
"NO, it's your LOVE TICKET."


Oh my. My very own love ticket. Oh how I love her little-girl heart, and how much I have to learn from her, and how she stops me in my mothering-tracks and how much I will miss her when in a few short weeks she will head off to kindergarten and I will cry my eyes out!!! I have it taped to my kitchen cabinet where I can see it all the time. A reminder for me to stop, invest in those I love, and shower them with time and affection.

I'd write more, but I think it's time I go out and hand out a few "love tickets" of my own ;).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails