Monday, December 8, 2008

10 Things I forgot I already knew!

1. Manitoba is cold cold cold! Looks can be deceiving. Glorious sunshine and peacock-blue skies LOOK warm, but do NOT take into consideration the WIND CHILL FACTOR. For anyone who has not experienced a wind chill, it is a lovely term used to describe weather that is significantly colder than first appers!!

2. There is a new, personal definition for the GOOD, the bad and the downright ugly! - The good - those days where I feel like I've been the kind of mom I hope my kids remember me as! - The bad - a slight to moderate deviation from the aforementioned good day, however still redeemable - The ugly - teething, my friends, is inhumane

3. Sleep is essential to a proper perspective. 1 good night out of 20 rough ones is still not essential rest!

4. Time spent in laughter, with a good friend, is the best healing balm in the world!

5. There is nothing like that first cup of coffee, in the morning, savoring solitude, before the rush of life begins anew.

6. Computers are great - but inevitably cause grief!!

7. Kids say the darndest things! Little M - who is not quite three - always catches me off guard. The other day, when she discovered that her little sister was not cooperating, shook her head in dismay, adding "why am I not surprised." !!!

8. Simple, self-indulgences, like a quiet stop at a coffee shop, a long soak in the tub, a funny phone chat can brighten even the dreariest day.

9. Maintenance jobs ALWAYS take longer than they appear (and more parts and more trips to the hardware store!).

10. "Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22, 23

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails