I was asked today, "if you had $20,000 to remodel your kitchen, what would you do...."
This, on the heels, of a major re-paint. :)
Ooooh. I'm no Betty Crocker, but there are DEFINITELY a few things I'd love to add to a "dream kitchen..."
- Attractive track lighting. Right now we just have a standard ceiling fixture. Bor-ring. :)
- An ISLAND! Oooh la la. With nice, covered and padded bar stools, lots of storage, etc. AND a space to organize garbage, recycling, composting, etc.
- If I wasn't into composting, I'd have a garberator.
- When we were in Florida, our kitchen had a small tv with cable. I'd have one of those so I could watch cooking shows and "be inspired." Or just play holiday music with the weather channel :).
- A flat top stove with self-cleaning oven.
- A fridge with an ice dispenser. Just for fun :).
- A fancy coffee maker. With digital do-dads. And a frother.
- A lazy susan in my corner cabinets. It's hard to reach to the back.
- Different flooring. I'm not sure what kind yet, tile maybe. With a nice, small area carpet by the sink. Dark flooring. No more white. Shows alllll the spots :).
- Very organized drawers and cabinets. Like with dividers purchased from IKEA.
- A whole new set of dishes. I like my set, but it's 10+ years old, and I feel like I've morphed in my 20's and have outgrown it in some ways.
- And maybe someone to wash all the dishes!!!
If you're interested in winning a $20,000 Dream Kitchen Contest, check out Dr. Oetker Kitchen Makeover Contest. Simply grab a PIN from any participating Casa di Mama Pizza boxes and you could be the winner :P. Plus, there's a host of secondary prizes like lovely Whirlpool appliances! Hey, while you're at it, sign up to be a Savory Moments Member. For Canadian Residents Only.
What would you include in your dream kitchen makeover :)?