Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Irksome...

Ya know what is frustrating?
Getting to the end of a big, fat book, investing time, energy and some degree of imagination,
and wondering...
Was it worth the read!?

I just finished a novel co-written by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker. Normally, I don't mind Peretti's novels, and I've never read any TD (though they've been recommended). I was expecting something a little - more.



Honestly, the first (and lingering, sad to say) word that came to mind - OVERKILL. (Pardon the pun if you read the book :P.) I kept waiting for them to "get on with it, already." And they finally do. Sort of.

With two young ones, I don't have much time to read (one of my favorite ways to relax :) ESPECIALLY if it includes a good snack!...) and so when I feel like I've wasted time on a book (had to finish though, ya know, to see how it ended!!), it really irks me.

A librarian friend once reminded me - "Pick your books wisely; for every one you read, there are thousands you can't."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails