Friday, March 9, 2012

... just to live another day....

1 But now, this is what the LORD says—
   he who created you, O Jacob,
   he who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
   I have summoned you by name; 

   you are mine. 
Isaiah 43

I was blog-surfing the other day when I paused at the site for a local ministry committed to loving and helping and connecting with those whose lives are very messy and broken.
My eyes filled with tears as I read the prayer page.



The desires of the hearts of these people spilled across the page.
Longings for healing and wholeness...
restoration and family...
for freedom.
For release from the chains of addiction.
For peace.
For the opportunity just to live another day.


Each request has a name.
Join me in praying for Art... Diane... Lawrence... Barb... Kevin... Leo... and all who find themselves in pain-filled, despairing circumstances.
Pray that through the darkness, they would see and feel the Light.
Pray that hearts in healing would be open to even more love.
Pray that today, they would hear their name spoken - in love, in dignity, in hope.

We don't pray simply with some abstract hope that "things get fixed."
I am learning, slowly learning, that perhaps, as we pray, the Maker of the Heavens plants the seeds of love and ideas in our hearts - to shine His Light where it is so badly needed.





1 comment:

Roo said...

amen leah. thanks for sharing this. there is something greater He is building and somehow He uses our weak prayers to do it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails