Sunday, February 21, 2010

Insurmountable...


This is the delightful snow hill that is piling up outside our front window. As you can see, there is a well-worn path leading from the bottom to the top. For Little M, at the oh-so-old age of four (sometimes it feels like fourteen!!), this is actually the first winter that she's enjoyed being outside. She has discovered the joy of hill-climbing and could do it for long periods of time (if her mama had the patience to stay out in the cold ;)...).


What was more surprising to me, however, was that Sweet K wanted to trek up there after her sister!! Normally she assesses challenges and finds many too overwhelming to tackle. However, this time, I could sense that with a little prompting from mama, she'd follow in Big Sister's footsteps. I was thrilled and up we went :).



It was a bit of a process, but with a little encouragement and support, her confidence grew with every step. And before we knew it, we were queens at the top of our castle :). And what a view ;). Hey, on these flat prairie-lands, even a mole-hill offers quite the panorama :).



As I watched my girlies play, it reminded me that there is nothing that is truly insurmountable when you have someone who believes in you, who'll walk with you that extra mile, who'll greet you with arms wide open, and with faith in the One who has already carved out the path.

You have made known to me the path of life; 
 you will fill me with joy in your presence,
 with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 16:11


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails