Friday, September 11, 2009

Gratitudes

1. Laughter. Gut-wrenching, side-aching, tear-streaking giggles :).
2. Long chats with old friends.
3. Little M's ever-amazing vocabulary...
"Look mommy, I'm flying like a condor."
Me (finding little cheeks irresistibly pinch-able!!) - "I like your bum." 
Little M. "Thanks, I got it at superstore."
"Mommy. I love living in this house."
4. Love.
In words, 
in hugs, 
in kisses (even ones covered in milk from lunch :P)
in actions.
5. PICKLES!!
These great pickles I just learned to make. Fridge pickles. They are shamefully easy.
And terribly addicting!!
4 c. sliced, peeled cucumbers. 1c. each chopped celery, onion, green pepper, red pepper.
Sprinkle with 1 1/2 Tbsp. of pickling salt.
Let stand 30 min. and drain in colander.
Mix 1c. sugar and 1c. vinegar.
Dump into a refrigerater-able bowl and cover with sugar/vinegar mixture.
Store in fridge and will last months!
Well, not in my house they won't :).
6. New Shirt Day.
I don't think this has ever happened, but all us girlies got to wear a new "fall shirt" today. What FUN!
7. My pooch.
I'm not much of an animals person.
And Diggy is told this often...
"You are the only puppy I've ever loved."
Which is lucky for him, otherwise he'd have found himself
sitting at the edge of our driveway with a sign around his neck:
TAKE ME. I'M FREE.
8. When J shares the details of his day with me. 
It's very interesting listening to the view of the world through
a man's eyes :).
9. When dinner arrives on the table late, but not burnt!!
10. Bedtime. Ahhhh!!

1 comment:

Roo said...

lovely list, lovely you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails